How I found it

The day I first walked in this house, which was meant to be my ticket out of a sad and full-of-anger relationship, I think I experienced a Lily Allen's LDN moment, in which I just anulled all the chaos and nasty stuff surrounding me, and all I could picture was a Pinterest style looking house... as if all the modifications needed could be done Sim's style. (Remember The Sims and how easy it was to build and remodel houses there?)

Too many pop culture references in one paragraph? Sorry!

Anyway,the point is, that my ignorance in terms of carrying out a house was absolute! Luckily, I felt bold enough to grab the bull by the horns and start doing stuff to eventually reach that Pinterest house I was so looking forward to!

In just one month I think I've lived enough adventures in this quest, to start this blog, in case you might find it amusing and/or helpful! Because the most important thing here is, that if I coudl do it, anyone can! And without specific and expensive tools!

All I've worked with has been:
                                                 ✔ a hammer
                                                 a few screwdrivers
                                                  a spatula
                                                  a chisel
                                                  a brush
                                                 ✔ 1/4 of a bucket of plaster filler
                                                 ✔ sandpaper


Here's a couple of examples of what I found the first day:


Yes, there was furniture!Which was going to be really helpful later on. However, some of it was broken, and all of it was dirty.



Yes, that mount of debris was already there... aparently a wall had been semi demolished and they had left everything right there.


Yes, "semi-demolished". After cleaning up, I found the rest of the undemolished wall waiting for me under the debris.




The doors and window frames were all rusty and had several cavities on the lower part, close to the floor. Not no mention everything was pinted with dark colours such as this black window we see here.

Some walls were incredibly humid, to the point that some people told me the water pipes were probaby broken... but after one week of leaving all the doors and windows open 24/7, everything dried... except for one wall in particular....this wall  →→
Of course it didn't look like what you see in the picture! The wall looked perfectly fine (the paint was intact!)... So I thought "what about if there's something under the paint that's causing this dampness?" And that's when I decided to use my holy spatula and get rid of the paint... and discovered thisssss →→→

Yes, it's a biiiiig mother f*** mold!

What did I do after uncovering it?  I'll tell you next time! 






The walls were filled with deep holes and cracks, which resulted in 4 important things:

✘ the water and/or dampness penetrates easier on the wall

✘the frames suffer this

✘spiders and other bugs love this cozy caves
(and as far as I know, this is the most common way to get bitten by a spider! When you lean against this caves you're probably not aware of, the spider finds you a threat and bites you!)

✘ the walls look trashy and not in a nice way!

Not to mention the fact that the was no power, the taps didn't work, and every breath you took inside the place was as if you were inhaling dust. 


So as you can see, I had many adventures waiting for me! Many I couldn't even dream of!


Comentarios